Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Blogger Profile: KIERA FISCHER

I am Kiera Fischer, a ninth grade student and a returning blogger. I open enrolled into this school district in 2013. I chose pathways because I was having troubles with a traditional setting. The bells, the non-flexible schedules, the un-inspired kids/teachers just weren't for me. I have found that pathways has created such a great learning environment for me, so I won't be leaving any time soon. I am not afraid of what I will become or where I will go after high school. I have found peace in knowing what my options are and how to get there. The constant support from not only my coaches and pupils, but my community is astounding. One of the great non-academic aspects of this school, is how non-judgemental the learning environment is here. I am free to express myself without being afraid of bullying or harassment. Project based learning has let me use my creative side and really make things my own. This school has brought me so many opportunities that I could have never gotten anywhere else.






Editor's note: Kiera found out this year how tough it is to juggle all your responsibilities, especially in high school. Still, she managed to find time to collaborate on the blog and keep up with her projects!